The 8th NCTH aims to advance tobacco control in Canada with the following goals:
- Focusing on linking policy, programs and research, the 8th NCTH will create new knowledge by bringing together the tobacco control field from across Canada to network, exchange information, resources and ideas, to explore new and innovative work and share proven and effective practices.
- Facilitate knowledge exchange among researchers, practitioners and policy specialists with an interest in tobacco control through a content rich conference agenda designed to meet a variety of learning styles.
- Provide the health community opportunities for networking and collaboration to further local, provincial and federal tobacco control goals.
- Explore how lessons learned from tobacco control are being translated to obesity control and chronic disease prevention, and how these interventions may inform tobacco control in the future.
- Connect delegates with at least three people, programs, ideas or organizations that will significantly impact their work in the six months following the conference.
Download a PDF version of the program here